Elasticsearch and the tradeit ecommerce platform
Elasticsearch can now be configured as the search provider for tradeit meaning more product data can be indexed in less time, decreasing the load from tradeit, and increasing the speed of getting product information in front of your customers. By powering the product search and listings, hundreds of thousands of records can be analysed in sub-seconds and displayed back to the user in the blink of an eye. It provides improved search term handling, enhanced query performance, better result relevancy and reliability, including:
- Exact matches are boosted to ensure that they rank above fuzzy matches. The amount they are boosted by is configurable via tradeit.
- Keyword matches cater for fuzziness on search passes allowing for spelling mistakes or mistyping, so if the user enters the term incorrectly the same results would be returned. For example, searching "csrry" or "carry" would return the same results.
- Keyword matches are extended to include language inflections so the same set of products would be returned whichever of the related words was included in the search. For example searching for "swimming", "swimmer" or "swimmers" would return the same set of results.
- Every product is scored against up to six key metrics and ranked accordingly.
- Products can be boosted or moderated within the rankings by weighting the importance or otherwise of each of the six metrics giving you scope to affect the order in which products appear in the search results.
- Products can be pinned to the top of the search results based on merchant-definable criteria or attributes such as NEW, IN STOCK, BRAND=X etc... These can also be aggregated and ordered.
- Display both product and non-product content in the search results, including blog articles, videos, information pages and much more.
- Keyword matches will remove 'stop words' so if words like "to", "the", "i", "and" etc... were included in the search term those words would be removed so only the other words are matched. For example, searching for "the product" or "product" would return exactly the same results.
- Price, category and attribute search data can be included in the index meaning more searches are carried out via Elasticsearch resulting in improved performance.
- Search passes can be weighted so the importance of each pass and the subsequent results can be prioritised.
- Start and end wild cards on search terms are supported.
- Combine multiple search fields against any search pass to ensure that they return the most accurate matches. For instance, 'Product Name' + 'Colour'.
- Alongside being able to boost products by metrics, merchants can boost or moderate an entire product group’s ranking. Product groups can defined by the merchant and contain any items they want.
- Output different results for content and blog articles so they are clearly shown separately in your search results.
Are you looking to launch an ecommerce channel with search and product listings powered by Elasticsearch? Is your current ecommerce platform struggling to deliver the search capabilities that you want? If so, get in touch to talk about how we can help.