Elasticsearch and the tradeit ecommerce platform
Elasticsearch can now be configured as the search provider for tradeit meaning more product data can be indexed in less time, decreasing the load from tradeit, and increasing the speed of getting product information in front of your customers. By powering the product search and listings, hundreds of thousands of records can be analysed in sub-seconds and displayed back to the user in the blink of an eye. It provides improved search term handling, enhanced query performance, better result relevancy and reliability, including:
- Exact matches are boosted to ensure that they rank above fuzzy matches. The amount they are boosted by is configurable via tradeit.
- Keyword matches cater for fuzziness on search passes allowing for spelling mistakes or mistyping, so if the user enters the term incorrectly the same results would be returned. For example, searching "csrry" or "carry" would return the same results.
- Keyword matches are extended to include language inflections so the same set of products would be returned whichever of the related words was included in the search. For example searching for "swimming", "swimmer" or "swimmers" would return the same set of results.
- Keyword matches will remove 'stop words' so if words like "to", "the", "i", "and" etc... were included in the search term those words would be removed so only the other words are matched. For example, searching for "the product" or "product" would return exactly the same results.
- Price, category and attribute search data can be included in the index meaning more searches are carried out via Elasticsearch resulting in improved performance.
- Search passes can be weighted so the importance of each pass and the subsequent results can be prioritised.
- Start and end wild cards on search terms are supported.
Are you looking to launch an ecommerce channel with search and product listings powered by Elasticsearch? Is your current ecommerce platform struggling to deliver the search capabilities that you want? If so, get in touch to talk about how we can help.
LEARN MORE ›