Progressing from multi-channel ecommerce to omni-channel retail
Red Technology works with different types of retailers from pure-plays with a single website, to large, international omni-channel retailers with multiple stores, catalogues, brands and websites throughout the world. Historically, retailers would operate stores, websites or catalogues as almost separate businesses in a multichannel approach, but from an ecommerce point of view the term multichannel is often used to refer to multiple ecommerce channels such as desktop, mobile, responsive, international, B2B, multi-site and marketplaces.
For many retailers, particularly those with a large high-street presence, there is now a conscious move towards omni-channel retail which aims to merge all of their sales channels. This provides customers with the same user experience, products and service regardless of the sales channel through which they wish to engage with them, rather than the distinctly disparate channels of a multichannel retail approach.
Ecommerce platform for omni-channel retail, pure-play and mail order retailers
The tradeit ecommerce platform is designed for retailers including:
- Omni-channel Retail
- Online Retail
- Mail Order & Catalogue Retail
If your retail model includes bricks and mortar, tradeit can help to merge these stores with your online presence giving customers a consistent and single view of your brand, as well as improving the service and fulfilment options available to them both online and in-store.
- Click and Collect
- Advanced Store Locator
- Store stock check
- Rapid fulfilment services
tradeit helps capitalise on the diverse nature of the many online sales channels by giving merchants complete control of multiple ecommerce sites including B2B, multi-site and international, all managed from a single instance of the platform. The functionality and scalability of the platform enables merchants to grow their online channels as well as helping to integrate with offline channels if the retailer expands and their strategy changes.
- Push content, product and prices to affiliates, distributors, franchisees and satellite websites
- Manage products across multiple websites with different branding and pricing strategies
- Offer international sites with local languages, currency and taxation rules, even offer local warehousing and fulfilment options
- Use responsive design to present content automatically based on a customer's browsing device
- Create B2B sites with personalised products, pricing and content as well as sophisticated 'My Account' functionality
Mail Order Retail
Take advantage of all of the online features of tradeit whilst still providing exceptional functionality and service for processing your traditional mail and telephone orders. By using tradeit's integration hub to unify online and offline order systems, retailers can reduce costs and streamline customer service.
The tradeit call centre functionality enables merchants to handle customer orders and enquiries from mail and telephone order channels within the tradeit ecommerce platform. It gives your call centre staff complete visibility of all customer activity enabling them to replicate everything your customer can see and do.
tradeit ecommerce platform for retailers
Designed for retailers, the tradeit ecommerce platform is the perfect vehicle for maximising your online and offline sales, due to its flexibility and adaptability, meaning that it can be precisely tailored to seamlessly fit in with your omni-channel retail strategy.
- CMS combining web page editing and product information management
- Search engine friendly for improved search engine ranking
- Class leading promotions and advertising system
- In-built workflow, triggered and bulk email campaign functionality
- Easily manage multiple websites and multiple brands from a single system
- Integration with physical stores with functionality such as Click and Collect
- Built-in call centre and MOTO for processing offline orders
- Scalable across multiple servers to handle high sales volume and growth
Adaptable, dependable and scalable ecommerce platform
Red Technology has developed its tradeit ecommerce platform over many years, so you can be sure that our applications are robust and dependable. We realise that no two retailers' ecommerce requirements are the same and its many components can be rapidly adapted and customised to suit your specific needs. This means that your ecommerce solution is:
- Built on strong foundations for reliability
- Can be quickly, and cost effectively, adapted to your needs
- Evolves with you as your markets evolve, helping to future proof your investment
- Helps to eliminate the risks and timescales associated with building websites from scratch